Bridal Boudoir Photography & Tips from the Boudoir Belle
I really and truly cannot think of a better way to surprise your groom on the morning of your wedding day than by presenting him—or rather, having someone deliver—a gorgeous album of boudoir photography starring you, his lovely bride. Not only will the increase his excitement to see you ten-fold, but he will treasure this gift for the rest of his life. And honestly, so will you. How great would it be to be able to look back on these intimate, stunning images of yourself in ten, twenty, thirty years from now? I can't imagine a better gift for either of you.
That being said, it's no surprise that we are thrilled to share some beautiful bridal boudoir photography from The Boudoir Belle with you today. After falling in love with these images, I also asked Kelley Stafford, owner of The Boudoir Belle, to share with us some of her best photography tips for brides considering or planning a boudoir session. Lose yourself in these images and read her tips to see how you too can score intimate, sexy, sultry images that will knock the socks off your man.
Why should a bride consider doing a boudoir shoot?
Not only is a bridal boudoir shoot a personal and thoughtful gift, it is also incredibly intimate. What better and more sensuous way to kick off the honeymoon than sharing your sexy side with your groom? Not only is bridal boudoir a smoking gift for your groom-to-be, but it is a confidence-boosting day of pampering for yourself. It is my goal to make you feel not just beautiful, but sexy, like a supermodel, and desirably confident. Approach your wedding day knowing the sexy and beautiful woman that you are. I promise, your hubby to be will notice the difference!
How should a bride prepare herself in the days & hours leading up to the session?
I am here to walk you through the process of your boudoir shoot. I will help you the entire time and help make your experience with me fun and enjoyable! Some of my best advice for gearing up for your boudoir shoot is to get lots of rest and drink lots of water. Also, small details like a manicure and pedicure and no sunburns (nix the tanning!) are essential for your boudoir shoot. We will create a Pinterest board and bounce ideas back and forth on wardrobe selection to make sure your shoot is stylized to your personality!
How do you help nervous brides-to-be relax before their shoot?
It is normal for you to come into your shoot a little nervous. Everyone does! Once you arrive, you will immediately go into hair and makeup (done by my professional stylists). You will be able to sip on a glass of wine and listen to your favorite music. You will almost immediately notice that your nerves are beginning to fade. I hear time and time again how my clients felt they knew me forever and that we were just hanging out like old friends. I aim to make my studio a relaxing and chill environment. By the time we begin shooting you will be feeling amazingly sexy and ready to conquer your shoot!
- If you're planning to do a bridal boudoir session, consider asking your bridesmaids or girlfriends to throw a lingerie party for you in lieu of perhaps a bridal shower (after all, don't we have enough appliances?) and then schedule your session for later. You'll have so much lingerie to choose from! Then again, if the thought of not having a bridal shower is anathema to you, just request some lingerie in addition to the traditional gifts.
- In the hours leading up to your session, wear loose clothing in order to avoid any wrinkle marks on your skin.
- Before your session, practice some poses in the mirror and see what makes you look and feel the best. You can also practice poses that show off the areas of your body that your man loves most. Of course, your photographer will guide you, but a little practice never hurt anyone.
- Bring props: your wedding veil of course (those images are by far some of my favorites), statement jewelry, things your husband might get a kick out of seeing you in, etc.
- Make sure your stilettos (which of course you'll be bringing) have clean soles. You don't want to sully up a beautiful image just because your shoes are dirty!